Our CR Performance (2021)
Social Monitoring Programme (SMP)
The ALDI SOUTH Group have developed and implemented a Social Monitoring Programme (SMP) so that we are able to monitor compliance with our social standards. On-site audits performed by independent experts are a key component of the programme.
- All high-risk non-food supply chains are integrated into the Social Monitoring Programme.
- All high-priority food supply chains are integrated into the Social Monitoring Programme.
- All main production facilities used for non-food items, which have been integrated within the Social Monitoring Programme, are to possess a valid social audit report or certificate accepted by the ALDI SOUTH Group.
- Since 2018, all high-risk non-food supply chains, including garment and household textiles, are integrated into our Social Monitoring Programme.
- Since 2020, additionally all high-priority food supply chains of the ALDI South Group, including fish and seafood, oils and condiments and processed produce, are covered by the ALDI Social Monitoring Programme.
ALDI Social Assessments (ASAs)
ALDI Social Assessments (ASA) are assessments of main production facilities that are carried out by ALDI employees together with external auditors and business partner representatives. These ASAs mainly take place in amfori BSCI risk countries and in the scope of our CR Supplier Evaluation Programme (CRSE).
- Assess the situation in the production facilities to complement third party audits.
- Assess and collect information on the business partners responsible for the production facility.
Number of ASAs conducted in garment textiles, shoes, toys and household textiles production facilities
ALDI Producer Assessments (APAs)
ALDI Producer Assessments (APA) are audits on food plantations in countries of origin. The audits are conducted by external service providers and enable us to carry out spot checks to verify the human rights situation and working conditions in our supply chains and how our requirements, in particular the ALDI “Social Standards in Production”, are being implemented.
- Verify social and environmental compliance with ALDI requirements at the farm and packing facility level.
- Assess our business partners’ relationship with farms and evaluate their processes to support farms in fulfilling our CR requirements and in remediating social and environmental issues.
Number of APAs conducted on fruit and vegetable farms and plantations
Corporate Responsibility Supplier Evaluation (CRSE)
The CR Supplier Evaluation (CRSE) is a comparable and transparent evaluation, which focuses on our business partners’ social and environmental compliance management systems and their farm or production facilities’ CR performance, which are derived from our international ALDI CR Requirements, which form part of every contract.
- All business partners in our food and non-food high-priority supply chains will undergo a yearly review to evaluate their compliance with the ALDI CR requirements in the future.
- Improve our business partners’ CR knowledge and monitoring skills and empower them to comply with our CR requirements along the supply chain.
- Establish long-term relationships with strategic business partners who perform well in regard to CR and increasingly source more from those business partners.
of our garment textiles, household textiles and shoes business partners are integrated into the CRSE
of our bananas and pineapples business partners for our European & US stores integrated into the CRSE
Our Projects & Memberships
Sustainable Development Goals
Support and respect the protection of human rights
Not complicit in human rights abuses
Uphold freedom of association and recognition of right to collective bargaining
Elimination of forced and compulsory labour
Abolition of child labour
Elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
Precautionary approach to environmental challenges
Promote environmental responsibility
Work against corruption in all its forms