The ALDI “Social Standards in Production” are our definitive standard for cooperation with suppliers. They were first published in 2010 and were revised in 2014. These standards are based on the following:
- standards of the International Labour Organization (ILO),
- Human Rights Declaration of the United Nations,
- UN Convention on the Rights of the Child,
- UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, and
- OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises.
Among their numerous, wide-ranging tenets, these international conventions prohibit forced labour and child labour as well as discrimination in any form. They also underpin employees’ rights to freedom of association and collective bargaining.
The ALDI “Social Standards in Production” are contractually binding for all suppliers. We expect our partners to communicate these requirements, in addition to all legal requirements, at the production facilities and monitor compliance.